• Introduces adult sexual behavior (anal, oral & vaginal sex) to children as young as 11 (6th grade)
• Presents mutual masturbation, bathing together and “dry sex,” as age appropriate ways for middle schoolers to express affection until they are ready for intercoursed sex
• Undermines the value of delaying sexual activity and makes it appear as if early initiation is peer normative
• Promotes a casual sex mindset (healthy “hook-up”), contributing to misogyny, sexual harassment & rape culture
• Deconstructs values (parents are old fashioned) and promotes the values of organizations like Advocates for Youth & Planned Parenthood
• Presents anal & oral sex as ways to prevent pregnancy
• Starting in middle school, students are informed that they have sexual & reproductive rights apart from parents and can go to Planned Parenthood, without parent knowledge or consent
• Encourages children to role play hypothetical sexual scenarios, which leave many students feeling embarrassed and exposed
• Erotic condom demonstration using wooden phallic model
• Encourages students to use websites for additional information on sexuality, including peer to peer sex advice (sexetc.org) and sex ed texting websites (teensource.org) – which can be accessed at school on district provided laptops
• Websites contain sex erotica for kids in the form of “anonymous” questions, personal sexual experiences and videos
• Sexual harassment lessons harass children with inappropiate role playing, and details about rape, incest, and sodomy
• Promotes controversial opinions as facts, which are not scientifically supported
• Does not represent shared community values and is not culturally sensitive
How to Get Involved
There are a variety of ways to help build a Respect Culture. We recommend you sign the petition, like our facebook page, and build respectful relationships with teachers & principals, and communicate your concern.
Contact the school board members (https://www.sandiegounified.org/board-education) and encourage them to suspend this extreme comprehensive sexuality curriculum and locate an age appropriate one, that represents our shared community values.
Contact San Diego Assembly Member Dr. Shirley Weber (author of the California Healthy Youth Act) & respectfully share your concerns and ask her to restore parental rights.
The current state of the law is allowing extreme curriculum into schools, which requires NO PERMISSION from PARENTS. Minimally we need an OPT-IN to hold school districts accountable.
Her Sacramento office can be reached at (916) 319-2079, local office (619) 531-7913 and website – https://a79.asmdc.org.
us on Facebook
Support us as we ask the San Diego Unified Board of Education to suspend this harmful and extreme curriculum and replace it with one that represents our shared community values.
Rally with us February 5, 2019 at 4:30PM
Join us for the Board Meeting, Feb. 5, 2019 at 5:00pm
Want help or instructions on speaking up at a board meeting?
The state of California has a “passive” consent policy regarding sex education, meaning if a parent does nothing then your child will automatically receive the curriculum. In order to prevent that, you need to “opt” them out.